Hello ACSE Conference Attendees,
We're looking forward to seeing you all Saturday at the conference! Just a few last minute reminders and other notes:
- Registration takes place from 8:30 to 9:30 in room S1209. If you come in the door nearest the parking garage (see diagram below) you will see signs pointing you in the right direction.
- Location and parking information can be found here: http://goo.gl/HqUQ2I
- Due to feedback from last year's conference, we will be increasing the amount of time we have at lunch and conducting an "unconference" in two rooms, loosely centered around Computer Tech in one room and Computer Science in the other. This will give us time to network with other teachers in an effort to learn from each other and perhaps make plans for further networking.
From Google: An unconference is defined as a loosely structured conference emphasizing the informal exchange of information and ideas between participants, rather than following a conventionally structured program of events. Our goal is to have some seed topics, suggested by you, the attendees, as a starting point for conversations. If there's a topic you'd like to talk or learn about during lunch, please suggest it here: https://goo.gl/cNLnq9
- For anyone attending the Arduino session with me, please bring a laptop along with the Arduino IDE (editor) pre-installed (unfortunately we can't have it installed on the Seneca computers). The Arduino IDE is available at http://www.arduino.org/software for Windows, OSX, and Linux. (I will be bringing 15 Arduino kits along for us to use.)
- The session grid, with room numbers, can be found here: https://goo.gl/l6IW2I
- The session descriptions can be found here: https://goo.gl/DwrfyS
- There will be a social afterwards at Shopsy's Sport Grill, just a short walk north of the Seneca @ York campus. If you plan on attending, please let Michelle know at the registration desk before the end of lunch so we can ensure we can make the appropriate reservations. (see below for map)
- The Twitter hashtag for this year's conference is #acse16.
- Lastly, for anyone paying at the door, don't forget that it's cash or cheque only. If you'd prefer to pay with your credit card, PayPal makes it very easy. http://paypal.acse.net/
See you all Saturday!