Tuesday, March 25, 2008
In 2008, 24 global cities will participate in Earth Hour at 8pm on March 29. Earth Hour is the highlight of a major campaign to encourage businesses, communities and individuals to take the simple steps needed to cut their emissions on an ongoing basis. It is about simple changes that will collectively make a difference – from businesses turning off their lights when their offices are empty, to households turning off appliances rather than leaving them on standby.
Visit here to learn how you, your company, or your community can participate.
1. You can hear 25 voices behind you and know exactly which one
belongs to the child out of line.
2. You get a secret thrill out of laminating something.
3. You walk into a store and hear the words "It's Ms/Mr. _________"
and know you have been spotted.
4. You have 25 people that accidentally call you Mom/Dad at one time or another.
5. You can eat a multi-course meal in under twenty-five minutes.
6. You've trained yourself to go to the bathroom at two distinct times
of the day: lunch and prep period.
7. You start saving other people's trash, because most likely, you can
use that toilet paper tube or plastic butter tub for something in the
8. You believe the teachers' lounge should be equipped with a margarita machine.
9. You want to slap the next person who says "Must be nice to work 8
to 4 and have summers off."
10. You believe chocolate is a food group.
11. You can tell if it's a full moon without ever looking outside.
12. You believe that unspeakable evils will befall yo u if anyone says
boy, the kids sure are mellow today."
13. You feel the urge to talk to strange children and correct their
behaviour when you are out in public.
14. You believe in aerial spraying of Ritalin.
15. You think caffeine should be available in intravenous form.
16. You spend more money on school stuff than you do on your own children.
17. You can't pass the school supply aisle without getting at least five items!
18. You ask your friends if the left hand turn he just made was a
"good choice or a bad choice."
19. You find true beauty in a can full of perfectly sharpened pencils.
20. You are secretly addicted to hand sanitizer and finally,
21. You understand instantaneously why a child behaves a certain way
after meeting his or her parents.
Sunday, March 23, 2008
Monday, March 17, 2008
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
TechSmith is giving this away for free to see how users will use it. They're also throwing in free online media hosting.
All for free. (Did I say that already?)
For Mac and PC.
Saturday, March 08, 2008
Nose Pickin' in T.O.
This was my view as I was sitting at a restaurant here in Toronto. This wasn't just some quick pick -- no, it was a full two or three minute session!
Most people would be discreet about doing something like this in public, but this guy didn't seem to care. He would casually extract the "goods", then roll it around between his fingers until it was good and dense, then carefully let it drop to the ground.
Then the whole process would repeat... Hilarious!
(Anyone that bought that textbook should be entitled to a refund, IMO.)