Tuesday, November 24, 2009
Here is a quick presentation I created that my students can use as an exemplar. As I explain in the presentation, these are not actually my favourites; they are just my own top flickr photos, rated in terms of their "interestingness".
This presentation is also available for download or sharing here.
Sunday, November 08, 2009
This is quick tutorial for uploading files to a Google Group. Feel free to share this information with others.
If you spot any errors, please notify me at email@example.com, and if you learned about this tutorial via twitter, please RT! Thanks!
Note: this tutorial is also available as a PDF copy for printing.
1. Log In, Step 1
First, go to the address of the Google Groupand log in using your Google ID. If you are not a member, select "Sign in and apply for membership".
2. Log In, Step 2
Enter your login details, then click "Sign in". Do not check "Stay signed in" unless you are on a private computer.
6. Upload File, Step 3
Browse to the file you want to upload, then click "Open". (repeat these last two steps to upload more files)
7. Upload File, Step 4
Click on "I'm done uploading files", and that's it! Your file will have been uploaded to your Google Group.
8. Sharing Your File
Note that you can right-click on the file you uploaded to get the file URL to share with others. Even if you post the URL in a public place, others cannot open or download the file unless they are a member of the group (assuming it is a private group, with all permissions set correctly).
These lists are:
- Communications Technology Teachers of Ontario - http://groups.google.ca/group/tgj-teachers
- Computer Technology Teachers of Ontario - http://groups.google.ca/group/tej-teachers
- Construction Technology Teachers of Ontario - http://groups.google.ca/group/tcj-teachers
- Green Industries Teachers of Ontario - http://groups.google.ca/group/thj-teachers
- Hairstyling and Aesthetics Teachers of Ontario - http://groups.google.ca/group/txj-teachers
- Health Care Teachers of Ontario - http://groups.google.ca/group/tpj-teachers
- Hospitality & Tourism Teachers of Ontario - http://groups.google.ca/group/tfj-teachers
- Manufacturing Technology Teachers of Ontario - http://groups.google.ca/group/tmj-teachers
- Tech Design Teachers of Ontario - http://groups.google.ca/group/tdj-teachers
- Transportation Technology Teachers of Ontario - http://groups.google.ca/group/ttj-teachers
- CS Consultants and Coordinators of Ontario - http://groups.google.ca/group/cs-coordinators-ontario
- Tech Ed Consultants and Coordinators of Ontario - http://groups.google.ca/group/tech-ed-ontario
- Animation Teachers - http://groups.google.ca/group/animation-teachers
- Cisco Teachers of Ontario - http://groups.google.com/group/cisco-teachers
- TIJ Exploring Technologies Teachers - http://groups.google.ca/group/tij-teachers
- Yearbook Teachers - http://groups.google.ca/group/yearbook-teachers
So spread the word! Please forward the link of this blog (or the link to the mail list home page) to anyone teaching animation that may be interested in joining. If you have a curriculum consultant in your jurisdiction, please also send this information to them so they can forward it to any interested teachers.
And for the twtterers out there, please RT any tweets you've received about this.
Note: all the mail lists mentioned here are private mail lists. Members must be approved, and all emails to the groups are moderated to keep the lists professional and spam-free.