My Diigo Bookmarks (posted weekly)
- "Intel® Teach Elements Engaging eLearning courses for K–12 educators Explore 21st century learning concepts Intel® Teach helps K–12 teachers of all subjects learn to engage students with digital learning, including digital content, Web 2.0, social networking, and online tools and resources. Intel Teach professional development empowers teachers to integrate technology effectively into their existing curriculum, focusing on their students’ problem solving, critical thinking, and collaboration, which are precisely the skills required in the high tech, networked society in which we live."
- Retired and defeated MPPs receive compensation http://t.co/tOSQJKRT < Is this still true? #gratuity #onpoli
- "Dive Into Python 3 covers Python 3 and its differences from Python 2. Compared to Dive Into Python, it’s about 20% revised and 80% new material. "
- Why Kids Need Schools to Change http://t.co/ENd96xxp
- Handmade texture available for use in your artworks with creative commons license
- "I really like a recent blog post by Edna Sackson. It was titled “10 Tips for Reticent Bloggers“. In the posting, she laid out some tips for people to become more successful in their blogging pursuits. I thought her list was bang on and would recommend the reading for anyone. The tips are equally as applicable for students as they are teachers. She could turn it into an infographic that could be posted on classroom walls! I’d lke to continue her list with some of my own thoughts."
- When I started blogging, I struggled to find my voice. My first few posts (some of which were subsequently deleted) sounded as if they had each been written by a different person. Then I realised I didn’t need to try so hard.
- PyInstaller is a program that converts (packages) Python programs into stand-alone executables, under Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, Solaris and AIX. Its main advantages over similar tools are that PyInstaller works with any version of Python since 2.3, it builds smaller executables thanks to transparent compression, it is fully multi-platform, and use the OS support to load the dynamic libraries, thus ensuring full compatibility.
- Skype user? Read this. "Worm spreading on Skype IM installs ransomware" http://t.co/gGp3uJ2W
- iPhone 5, photography, purple fringing, and what you need to know http://t.co/bhnCaUSB
- "There will be fewer professional development days during the next school year that will cost both teachers and students. The issue came up at a recent St. Clair Catholic District School Board trustee meeting as administration and trustees went over the latest Education Quality and Accountability Office (EQAO) standardized testing results."
- "The Digital Citizenship and Creative Content program was developed to create awareness of intellectual property rights and foster a better understanding of the rights connected with creative content. Four units comprise the curriculum resources. Each unit consists of standalone yet complementary lesson plans that play off a creative rights scenario presented through a case study."
- I think that many people would like to address the topics of Digital Citizenship and Creative Content and they absolutely should. Microsoft has you covered at their digitalcitizenship website. Here you’ll find four curriculum units: Creative What? By Rule of Law Calling All Digital Citizens Protect Your Work; Respect Your Work
- You need a tripod! There's often a bit of moaning and groaning when I tell people this, but I believe a tripod is the bit of photographic kit that'll make the biggest impact on your photography. No more soft images through camera shake. You only need to set composition once, lock it in place and them concentrate on your settings.
- Reading "Let’s unplug the digital classroom". http://t.co/GiehE3Nr