My Diigo Bookmarks (posted weekly)
- Digital Publishing to the iPad using InDesign CS6 . Creative Suite 6 . Resource Center . Adobe Education ExchangeIn the series of video tutorials I created my goal was to go over some of the basics of creating a sample digital publishing project prototype in InDesgin, uploading it to the Digital Publishing Manager at Acrobat.com, and previewing it on an iPad using the Adobe Content viewer. The sequence of the video tutorials follows how I would teach it in my class. After completing this practice exercise, students should be able to create their own versions. The lessons do not cover nearly all there is to know about Adobe InDesign, graphic design, or layout. It is meant primarily as an introduction to a compelling technology, that students should find challenging and engaging. The lesson steps and links to the videos for each step are provided in the Digital Publishing Lesson Steps and Tutorials document that can be downloaded from this page.
- If you agree that motorcycles should be allowed in the HOV lanes like the rest of the world, please sign this petition. http://t.co/jPu1Df1b I totally agree with this petition.: Allow single-rider motorcycles in... http://t.co/jPu1Df1b #activism @activismcom
- Reading: I can’t save everyone… http://t.co/uJySa62W < Great reminder for teachers
- How does it work? Two keyboards and two mice Two big monitors Two engineers ONE computer The driver and navigator can often switch roles throughout a programming session (unlike in rally racing): Driver: In addition to what the Navigator does – Actively typing at the keyboard, can yield to navigator Navigator: Error checking, looking up APIs, thinking about ways to better structure the code, can jump in and drive
- Apple to Start iPhone 5S Trial Production in December Says Report | iPhone in Canada Blog - Canada's #1 iPhone ResourceDarn, it seems my week-old phone is out of date already! http://t.co/nachsBMA
- "Google Python Class Day 1 Part 1: Introduction and Strings. By Nick Parlante. Support materials and exercises: http://code.google.com/edu/languages/google-python-class"
- Google is usually one of the first places students turn to when tasked with an assignment. Whether it’s for research, real-time results, or just a little digital exploration … it’s important they know how to properly Google. Lucky for teachers (and students, of course), Google has a handy set of lesson plans that are just waiting to be unleashed upon the leaders of tomorrow.
- "Limit on jurisdiction of Ontario Labour Relations Board 14. (1) The Ontario Labour Relations Board shall not inquire into or make a decision on whether a provision of this Act, a regulation or an order made under subsection 9 (2) is constitutionally valid or is in conflict with the Human Rights Code. Limit on jurisdiction of arbitrators (2) An arbitrator or arbitration board shall not inquire into or make a decision on whether a provision of this Act, a regulation or an order made under subsection 9 (2) is constitutionally valid or is in conflict with the Human Rights Code. "
- Just a reminder about this year's Association for Computer Studies Educators conference at U of Toronto November 24. http://t.co/dliuWjIz